Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Who Am I? - My Pillow Case

So yes, I'm 26 {almost 27} and I fully cop to the fact that I love make that L.O.V.E. my pillow case.  This love affair started when I was young and had this one set of sheets that stayed cool ALL.NIGHT.LONG.  And I am someone that has to be cool when I sleep.  Seriously - my husband will be freezing (and he's always hot, so that's saying something) and I'll be kicking off the blankets because I can not sleep when I'm warm.

So...when I was packing for college I realized that my precious sheet set would not be making the trip to college and I had to find a replacement for my pillow - how else am I going to sleep?!  So one afternoon I walked through the fabric store like a 5 year old - literally touching every fabric I could.  I walked away with 2 pieces of fabric and my wonderful grandmother stitched 2 pillow cases for me.

Once at school it took me all of 2 weeks to determine that the 1 of the fabrics just wasn't going to cut it.  What happened to that case, I couldn't tell ya.  But other - almost 9 years later is slept on daily and I can not sleep without it.  I'd post a picture, but seriously, admitting it and showing it, 2 totally different things!  It started out as white - crisp white - and has now slowly morped into a weird beige/grey.

My pillow case has seen me through break-ups, drunken nights, marriage, pregnancy, strange cities, foreign countries...you name it!  And yes as I travel everywhere with it.  My job has taken me all over North America, and I made the mistake once of not taking my pillow - BIG mistake - didn't sleep and vowed never to make that decision again.  So ever since, it's with me!  Always!  Yeah - it's weird - you can think it! ;-)

No comments: