Thursday, August 19, 2010

3 Months and Surviving!

We made it!  The first 3 months have flow by and when I think back to all the days and weeks since Michael was born it seems like an enternity ago.  Michael was impatient to get into the world, and unfortunately in his haste to escape he passed some meconium in the womb and then inhaled it during delivery.  Our little guy spent 5 days in the NICU before we finally got to bring him home with a clean bill of health.  Since then he's been a dream baby!  We even mastered sleeping through the night at 5 weeks - gasp! - I thank the Lord everyday for that one.  Now that I'm back to work, Michael's spending his days at daycare.  It breaks my heart to have to leave him, but he doesn't mind and I quickly learned within the first few days of maternity leave, that staying home just wasn't for me.  Our little guy is quickly outgrowing his "little" label - tipping the scales at 15lbs.  Yeah my boy likes to eat!

No comments: