Sunday, August 22, 2010

While the Baby's Away the Parents Will Play?

This weekend has been strange - not at all what I had planned.  I had expected to have a nice relaxing and romantic weekend with my husband.  I thought we'd be able to sleep in and have breakfast in bed, enjoy a nice dinner out and all in all enjoy the weekends like we did before the bug came around.  Instead, I've spent the weekend sick (so much for romance) and I find myself grativating towards anything baby when I normally would be doing something for Michael.  Even as I write this post I keep thinking, I should be feeding the baby, even though there isn't a baby to feed.  And in every room there is something that reminds me of my little guy.  No he's not gone forever, and in just a few short hours I'll be back in Mommy mode with my little man in the house, but I'm amazed at how difficult it was to switch gears.  I've forgotten what it was it like to not have diapers to change and bottles to make - I've forgotten what it was like to just be me - but I wouldn't change it for a second.

This morning though, my sweet husband decided to make us french toast and coffee.  What a yummy way to enjoy the morning together.  Now it's time to get to all the things I said I needed to do while the baby was away - only a few short hours before he's home again.

No comments: