Friday, September 17, 2010

3WF

1 Year Ago

Today marks a very special day!  It was 1 year ago today that I found out I was expecting and that my life would be forever changed.

Unlike a lot of people, I didn't have the exciting "Look Honey it's Positive" moment.  For several days leading up to the 17th I wasn't feeling great, but figured it was Aunt Flo on her way.  Then on the 16th I was sitting in the middle of a team meeting when I felt like I was going to puke.  I immediately headed home thinking it was the flu and proceeded to spend the next 24 hours puking.  Finally at the urging of my mom and husband, I went to immediate care.  I laugh now, because on the way I joked with my husband that I really hoped it was just the flu because if I was pregnant and had to feel like this for weeks on end I wouldn't survive.  At the care center, I went back to the exam room while the husband waited in the waiting room.  The doctor immediately asked if I could be pregnant and sent me to take a test.

Waiting for those results probably only took 10 minutes, but it felt like hours. Finally the doctor came in and told me - all alone - the news.  I was PREGNANT!  Dumbfounded is the only word that could come close to describing how I felt.  When I finally made it out to the waiting room - I burst into tears.  I think Chris thought I had lost my mind until I told him the news.  Those first few days, I think we were both terrified.  I continued my puking streak and after a tearful call to the OB, convinced them to get me in for a visit in just 3 days.  I vividly remember days of crying because I felt so bad, and wondering how on earth I was going to survive.  But we did.  It's amazing the difference a year can make and we wouldn't change it for the world!

1 comment:

jenni from the blog said...

Aww, so exciting. I found out on the 20th of last year (so a year ago on Monday!) ...what a great day =)