Saturday, September 25, 2010

3WF

I'm normally on the ball and rarely forget anything - and I mean anything.  But this week, I think my memory had checked out.  I suspect it's chilling on a beach somewhere, while I slave away. 

Forgetting to post yesterday was one of the many things I forgot this week.  I forgot meetings, to take medicine, assignments, promises to do things, phone calls...the list can go on and on.  I blame it on the lack on sleep.  The bug hasn't wanted to sleep at night.  After 3 months of solid sleeping through the night, I forgot what it was like to be this tired.  We thought it was because he was hungry.  Eating cerel hasn't gone well, so we've started putting in his bottle as well to at least keep him full.  Turns out, he's got an ear infection - AGAIN!  That's right - the 5th one in about 2 1/2 months.  Unfortunately the doctor didn't have a good solution for how to prevent it other than what we're already doing. 

Which means....tubes are in future!  I hear most parents dread this news and freak out when it finally comes.  But seriously, I'm counting down the days until we can.  I hate seeing my little guy in pain and feeling bad.  And I hate even more having to constantly keep him on meds.  It's bad enough that he's allergic to penecillin.  We have to use other antibiotics, and being allergic to penecillin too, I know there are only a few options. Hopefully this latest round will help and with fall coming and hopefully cooler weather {...It's been 95-100 for the last couple of days} we are praying his allergies calm down and we get a break.

Momma needs a break and some sleep.  Hopefully this weekend I can rest, and my mind returns from whatever remote island it's been lounging on.

No comments: