Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuesday Top 10

I don't remember where I picked this up, but I recently saw on someone's blog a Top 10 Tuesday - and thought it was a great idea!  So today, in honor of tomorrow being the Official First Day of Fall, I'm giving you my top 10 favorite things about fall!

Welcome to Fall! 
 10.  The End of Yard Work - I don't mind yard work, but to not have to worry about mowing the grass or watering the flowers is a very nice change after months!
 9.  The End of the Oppressive Heat! - So while I don't always enjoy the end of warm weather, this fall I am glad to see it leave.  Here in Kentucky, we pretty consistantly posted 90+ degree days, and frankly I'm ready to walk out my door and be able to breath.
 8.  Football - I'm not a huge football fan in general, but there's something about the "Boys of Fall" as Kenny Chesney puts it that gets me excited.
 7.  Leaves Changing - I find the changing leaves so beautiful and peaceful.
 6.  Chili - For whatever reason, I can't bring myself to make or even eat chili during the summer, so at the first hint of cooler weather, I get to bust out the chili pot!  Plus you can't have football without Chili!
 5.  Campfires - I love spending evenings outside with our friends by a fire.
 4.  Beer Roast - One of our favorite dishes but it's such a hearty dish that we can't make it during the summer!  I'll post the receipe soon!
 3.  Pumpkin Patches - I love pumpkins!  They are just so cute and sweet looking!
 2.   Sweaters and Coats - I love fall clothing!  It always makes my weekend when I can finally break out my cozy sweaters, and fun coats.  Boots don't fall far behind, because I love me some shoes!
 1.  Halloween! - From a very young age, I've been obsessed with Halloween.  I love the spookiness.  I love the creepy crawly critters.  I'm not all about the blood and gore, but I love the holiday! I also can't help myself with all the cute little costumes!

No comments: