Thursday, September 16, 2010

Doctor Update

Today we took the bug in for his 4 month check up.  Neither Chris nor I guessed right on the weight.  Michael weighed in exactly inbetween our guesses at 17 lbs 1 oz.  And he measured 25 1/2 inches long.  I think he's prepping for a big growth spurt.  The doctor then did her exam and said he was doing Great - of course! :-) 

But we had the dreaded shots waiting to wrap up the visit.  No mom enjoys watching her baby get shots, but I know it's for the best, which is what I have to remind myself when I watch him wiggle away from the nurse.  The first one happened without even a flinch.  I don't think he felt a thing with his chunky legs.  Then the second.  The nurse warned us it burned - and she was right - when the meds went in, our little guy came alive!  We experienced super sonic screams! Within a few minutes our boy was back to him normal giggly self - thankfully!  Overall a successful visit - now if we could only master this spoon feeding thing.

No comments: